About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Give Yourself a Break.

Happy weekend. Just a lovely Sunday afternoon settling in on my couch, admiring the lovely v-day roses from the Guy, and fully absorbing the Times & the Strib. Nothing pertinent to blog about from those two lovely papers today. But all in all, I have a feeling of contentment when it comes to where I am today. Read Living Almost Large’s post about not feeling overwhelmed, and this really resonates.

Started talking to the Guy a lot more about my finances. I was griping a bit about how much I spend, and he reminded me to put things in perspective – that I spent a fraction of what he (and many of my peers) did, and that I wasn’t doing all that bad. (And while yes, we have entirely different priorities when it comes to money, this was encouraging.)

Sometimes I’m bummed that I still haven’t been able to curb my spending habits to the levels of some of you more frugal pf bloggers out there. But hey, I’ve gotten my credit card balance down below $1000 again, which feels really nice. I’m definitely on target to beat my goal of balance-free by 4/8. At the end of the day, money is a really emotional subject – I think that’s partially why I blog about it – and it helps to give yourself a pat on the back every now and again.

No comments: