About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, December 12, 2008

I Should Receive a Frugal Gold Star

I eliminated a bit more of my discretionary spending this month – and it was something that I just recently professed to being unable to do. But I finally overcame my reluctance and decided to cancel my home delivery of the New York Sunday Times. That’s right, I’m now one more straw on the back of the newspaper industry’s decline. One, my promotional rate shot up to $27 bucks a month. For FOUR papers – almost $30 bucks! And despite how much enjoyment it affords me, I just don’t need it delivered to my doorstep four weeks out of the year. I will probably still go pick up the paper at a newsstand twice a month – if the Guy and I split, I’ll still be spending $5 per month on my beloved paper indulgence. But really, that’s $25 of savings and given how hard it is to make my budget fit on more essential nonessentials, I realized, sacrificing my Times is really an easy call. In short, I should get a gold star for giving up my fave thing!

No comments: