About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

My own Christmas Reverance for a Transitional Year.

The Guy and I are at my parents home in the South - celebrating Hanukkah privately - and my favorite Christmas rituals publicly with my entire family. Sleeping in separate bedrooms and cooking dinners and revisiting childhood haunts in this low-fifties winter (quite refreshing from the sub-zero temperatures we left in the midwest). It's a transitional year for us. I'm waiting to hear back about grad school, and thus, potentially moving us to a new city. We're poised to become a blended family - though not quite there yet, it still feels like family to me.

It feels like a transitional year for the nation as well. So while there will be moments of uncomfortability over the holidays for all of us, I am certain we will look back to remember this year's close profoundly. So I am keeping that quasi-optimistic, reverant outlook for the lull of these next two weeks... before grinding into the next year again.

No comments: