About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Last Minute Gift Ideas?

Only a few more days before the holiday gift-giving season officially closes, so thought I would give an update on how I did - and maybe provide a few last minute ideas!

I did okay on my budget... due to my grand plan to stagger giving and use credit card rewards for some of it... plus Macy's was giving away merchandise in a depressing display of retailing desparation. But I'm still looking for one last Hanukkah gift which I clearly need to remedy before the final nights. Any ideas???

For the Whole Fam: some great olive oil, and new holiday ornaments
For the parents collectively: Theater tickets at their favorite spot
Mom: cake stand and topper, a gift package of an assortment of spices
Dad: tie, shirt & cashmere sweater (boring i know, but that's what he wants...)
Brother: a portable solar charger and Itunes Gift Card
Friends: Argentina souvenirs!

And finally, the Guy: Handmade Book of Poems, a pineapple slicer (he asked for it!), a 30 min massage “certificate” (from me), a bottle of really really nice scotch, a cute tie I found on sale at PINK, the Paris J’Taime DVD (Movie we saw on our first date), a few Brooks Brothers clothes/sweaters

Seems like a lot, but it's only 7 gifts... and I don't make the rules, there are 8 nights! He comes home tomorrow and I'm desparate to get something good - something thoughtful, and personal, but not too terribly expensive... so if happen to be a guy reading this, about to enter your fourth decade, and have found at least one of those gifts above remotely apealing, please respond and tell me what you would love!

No comments: