About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Improving My Credit Score...

It seems like every other story on NPR these past few weeks have been about how the economy and credit crunch is affecting the colloquial “Main Street.” And the way I’ve been hearing it, it all comes down to one thing…. Your Credit Score. It seems like that one little number is really the difference between how you’re impacted by any of this.

I posted my score here before: 748 (which is only considered “Good”)
To take it up to “Great” and getting beyond the 78th percentile before I really need a loan would be ideal.

A few actions I’ll be taking to help do what I can to improve my credit score:
--> Scheduling my credit card payments monthly so I never turn anything in late.
--> Close my one dormant retail credit card I opened when I was 17.
--> Keep my balance low. Keep charging one tank of gas a month on the two cards that aren’t my primary card.

No comments: