About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April Goals Review

So I had four main goals for April – let’s review.

-- Really lock in on my budget (Not really. I feel like this month was unique, with two different trips. I DID record everything meticulously. I DIDN’T do very well with keeping my spending reasonable. I will record everything for May, and try to keep costs down so I have a reasonable budget estimate).
-- Budget equal posts/time to my writing and my literary interests as well as pf (Not so much, I think I only had 2 all month…)
-- Keep birthday celebration expenses low. (mmm, depends if we count my New York trip as part of my birthday… cause that’s where I blew it).
-- Move up to 85% of my emergency savings goal (No again…. I actually moved down to to 72%)
I guess the only good news is that I moved up in my B-School savings, which wasn’t one of the original goals. Sheesh. Maybe I should post my May goals somewhere where I see them more often and am able to put a greater focus on them.

No comments: