About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Return to the Slush... & Financial Literacy in Congress


Back from my Chicago weekend, which was great fun! All of the wedding festivities were cute, and for the most part I was really good. The only thing that I bought was this really cute shirt from Threadless. They opened their flagship store in Chicago, and the Guy’s a big fan, so we had to check it out. And you know how much I love vegetables! I couldn’t resist.

In other news, in last Tuesday’s edition of Iconoculture, they announced that Senator Patty Murray (D-Wash) recently introduced a bill that would reserve $250 million for financial literacy education in public schools. Looks like the government is not only looking at quick-fix stimulus checks, but also long term measures, including The Cardholder’s Bill of Rights, which was also proposed. Really great news for next generation… just reminds me how cyclical all of our economic issues are. I also wonder what this will look like, since I think personal finance is so personal and so individual, depending on one’s circumstances. It’s hard to dole out generic principles for kids that really work hard for everyone.

No comments: