About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yeah, Women Still Make Less Money

Today is Equal Pay Day, emphasizing the fact that the Wage gap is real. It feels like a 1920s issue but unless there is increased activism it will be an issue in 2020 as well. I’m certainly not completely resolved on how I feel about some aspects of feminism. I don’t think there is any way to regulate equality down to the hair among groups of people – whether that’s based on gender or income bracket or whatever. Life is full of inequitable situations. But getting closer on the wage gap is a made-up holiday I can support.

No comments: