About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Gratuitous Gratuity.

Since I often criticize the Guy about some of his financial practices and spending habits, I thought I would brag on him for once. The Guy has helped break a bad habit of mine – overtipping. I know this isn’t a character flaw, and it feels odd to even talk about. But it really was a consistent issue of mine, and it stands out among the rest of my frugal principles. Maybe because I used to be a waitress, but sometimes I would even tip 50% on restaurant and bar tabs. I just feel bad otherwise. It’s a weird psychological thing that the Guy has cured me of for the most part. And maybe one day I will be able to return to service generosity, but for now I need to stick to 20% until I can really afford it…

No comments: