About Me: Suzy




An East-Coaster bewildered that I ended up in the Midwest post-graduation. More bewildered that I've come to love it.
[This budget blog chronicles my valiant attempts to make a living off my writing and stay in the black...]
Likes:
vegetables, CSPAN, high heels, travel writing, Anderson Cooper, rooftop bars, watching sports with strangers
Dislikes: monogrammed clothing, people who take pictures of food, my current travel budget, Wednesdays! ugh.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Next Round o' Submissions

I tend to submit my stories to online magazines and literary journals in one big “round” of energy and optimism. Then I sit back for a few weeks (months) until I can muster up the courage and enough stamps to do it again. It’s been almost three months since my last round of submissions. Last time I submitted to 14 publications, got 3 rejection letters, and 11 no-answers. Makes it hard to go back in for another round. I think what I really need is to establish a more persistent routine for submissions, and impose some deadlines on myself. Right now it’s definitely a “when I get around to it” kind of thing. So I am now amending my April goals to add in this one: devote significant time each weekend to actually preparing another story for submission. The goal is to have something ready by summer!

1 comment:

PiggyBankBlues said...

i feel your pain. you blasting out submissions is a great idea, though. good luck next round!